Competition and Consumer Law/Act (tailored)
This half-day course assists businesses to:
- identify conduct which is potentially anti-competitive, misleading, deceptive or unconscionable; and
- implement strategies to avoid contravention of the Competition and Consumer Act.
The essential features of misleading and deceptive conduct, anti-competitive and unconscionable conduct are explained through presentation, group discussions, workshops and simulated tasks.
Currently this course is not a public seminar course. Rather, it aims to provide management and sales staff of an organisation with a relevant and practical course tailored to the organisation's specific circumstances.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- explain the sources of Australian law and the structure of the legal system;
- distinguish between criminal and civil law and explain the civil penalty regime which applies to competition and consumer matters;
- identify situations in which there is a risk of personal liability arising from competition and consumer;
- identify conduct controlled by the Competition and Consumer Act and implement strategies to avoid breaches of the Act;
- explain the essential features of anti-competitive conduct and how these features may arise during their employment; and
- explain the essential features of misleading or deceptive conduct and identify potential exposure for the business.
What have people said about our Competition and Consumer training courses?
- "The presenters succeeded in capturing and keeping the groups interest in the subject matter for the duration of the programme." Anonymous
- "The presenters successfully addressed a very large topic in a short space of time. Support materials were of high quality." Anonymous
- "Presenters were very coherent, used examples to illustrate content, role play was excellent." Anonymous
- "Engaging presentations, opportunities to discuss ideas and understanding with groups." Anonymous
- "Role play - made what could become a dry topic interesting and funny." Anonymous
- "What I particularly liked about the course are the very enthusiastic presenters who covered the Trade Practice very well."(course participant, 11th February 2010)
- "The course is very interactive, structured, informative, challenging, and complex information was explained/broken down well; good use of examples. It will be my Trade Practice Bible, Overall the course is very engaging and enjoyable, and I felt that my Trade Practice knowledge was comprehensively refreshed. After attending this course, I feel a lot more confident about my new position."(Pravin Menon)
- The programme has great variety in teaching style from role-plays to workshops to presentation slides and also great entertainment in between J. This program will definitely assist me in my work, even though I came across it before, and I have learned a lot. Great job Naomi and Tim! Thank you very much. (course Participant, 11th February 2010)
- "The course had excellent presentation, an opportunity for engagement and interaction, and participation kept the content interesting. The role play was excellent." (course Participant 11th February 2010)
- "The course was well presented – and what I liked particularly was the balance of interactive and non interactive sections. Ialso enjoyed the group work and role play."(course Participant,11th February 2010)
- "An excellent program, in depth and avoided getting bogged down in technical jargons."(Joel Temperly).
- "The programme’s content was well presented and substantiated in a varied an engaging way."( Kevin Finchan)
- "What I particularly liked about the programme was Tim’s presentation skills, they were excellent and engaging. Thanks!" (Warren).
- "Programme was very interactive and practical. Also it was very specific to the work that we will be doing, it gave a complete overview. The course was really useful and accessible Thanks!" (course participant.,11th February 2010).
- "The programme was broken down very well, which made it easier to understand, and group activities was an added advantage. Overall the course was excellent."(course participant, 11th February 2010).
- "The one thing I liked about the program was, a lot of material was covered in relatively short time."(course participant,11th February 2010).
- "What I liked about the program was its interactivity, personable presenter, good courage. Program will assist in my work as a useful refresher course."(course participant, 11th February 2010).
- Aspects that I liked about the program:
- Tim was excellent.
- Very interactive.
- Problem solving format is engaging. (course participant,11th February 2010).
Contact us for more information
Contact us if you would like further information on the Competition and Consumer Training Course for your organisation.