Australian Credit Licensing
Australian Credit Licensee Responsible Manager Training
You can register now for any of our ACL Responsible Manager courses by clicking the relevant course listed in the left column of this page under the heading Courses.
This course provides an overview of the role of Responsible Managers of Australian Credit Licensees. Accordingly, it will assist participants meet "ongoing training requirements" as set out in ASIC Regulatory Guide 206.
This course is designed for:
The course is available either as:
- ACL Responsible Managers;
- prospective Responsible Managers;
- directors, secretaries and senior managers who are performing duties in relation to the credit activities provided by the licensee (and who should be 'fit and proper');
- compliance managers; and
- support staff to Responsible Managers.
- a tailored course for a particular licensee;
- a public seminar (see list of dates to the top left of this page); and
- an online seminar (see list of dates to the top left of this page).
After attending this course, participants should be able to:
- explain the role of Responsible Managers of an Australian Credit Licensee;
- explain key regulatory obligations in relation to the provision of consumer credit;
- explain the authorisations granted under their organisation's Australian Credit Licence;
- identify similarities and differences between the regimes governing Australian Financial Services Licence holders and Australian Credit Licence holders; and
- develop a Responsible Manager 'dashboard'/action plan.
So, come and participate in a friendly, relaxed, interactive and practical training environment.
What have people said about our ACL RM training courses?
- "The content is relevant and detailed, and the use of mindmaps is a good tool. The training helps understand the role and responsibilities and ensures we are compliant."
- "Detailed information provided by knowledgeable presenters. The course was well presented with main points picked out for discussion."
- "Flowed well, good interaction with all participants."
- "I liked the presenters' knowledge of subject and delivery."
- "Mindmaps and background context were excellent."
- "It gave us a step by step guide/look into what is changing."
- "Explanations easily understood."
- "Good pace. Great materials. Knowledgeable presenters."
- "Practical examples."
- "Covered main points but willing to go into detail when required."
- "Great overview."
- "For RMs, should be useful to highlight areas of concentration."