AFS Licensing & FSR
FSR and No Advice
If you have staff who are not authorised by an Australian Financial Services Licensee to provide financial product advice, or who can only provide general financial product advice, then this course is for them.
Like all our other courses, we will tailor it to your organisation's needs.
Currently, this course is not a public seminar course. Rather, it aims to provide staff of an organisation with a relevant and practical course tailored to the organisation's specific circumstances.
The training methodology is a participative mix of theory and practice and is designed to achieve the course objectives.
Training strategies include:
- role plays;
- group discussion and participation;
- evaluation; and
- provision of a manual.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- provide an overview of the key features of Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act 2001;
- explain Australian Financial Services Licence Authorisations;
- distinguish the terms;
- financial product;
- financial service; and
- financial product advice
- explain what constitutes financial product advice;
- identify when financial product advice is being provided or is being sought;
- identify particular situations in which clients or potential clients might be seeking financial product advice and the risks associated with giving such advice;
- develop strategies for dealing with customers seeking financial product advice including the use of disclaimers and warnings; and
- identify terms, e.g. "life insurance broker", "stock broker", "impartial", "unbiased", "independent", which are prohibited by the legislation unless certain criteria are established.
- "The presentation and content of the topic was excellent. The session was conducted using a friendly, open discussion style and was specifically relevant to APSBS." Craig Walden, CEO (Australian Public Services Benevolent Society Limited)
Contact us to register your interest
Contact us now if you would like to express your interest in the FSR and No Advice Training Course or if you would like further information to be provided.