AFS Licensing & FSR
Accountants, Licensees and Financial Advice
This half-day course outlines the essentials of financial product advice and how Accountants acting as representatives of an AFS licensee can apply it in practice.
Benefits of the course
- Learn to provide advice that avoids the pitfalls we’ve seen first hand as lawyers acting for AFS licensees, involved in enforceable undertakings, conducting licensee reviews and reading thousands of SOAs!
- Training conducted by legal practitioners who provide legal and compliance services to a wide range of AFS licence holders and who are also experienced trainers;
- Participants will receive a detailed manual with specially designed diagrams and activities to illustrate concepts and issues;
- Consideration of the impact of best interests on advisory businesses and "limited" licensees;
- Share your experiences and challenges with other accountants/advisers;
- Suggested CPD allocation – 3.5 points; and
- Better advice to clients, compliant licensees and advisers, reduce the risk of complaints or regulatory action.
Who should do this course?
- Accountant representatives providing advice under an AFS licence;
- Compliance/support staff; and
- Responsible Managers.
What have people said about our advice training courses?
- "I think the best thing was that they took the fear out of giving advice - and the upcoming FOFA - with purpose. It was good to get the 'if you do this, then you don't need to worry about that' information. The role plays were very funny and very helpful. The guys were a great team." (Annette Sheen - Judd Financial Service)
- "Clarification on specific requirements of SOA and ROA requirements." (Tenielle Hedley)
- "I particularly liked the clarification on specific requirements of SOA and ROA requirements."
- "The content was very thorough."
- "The interaction and delivery. Excellent - thank you for sharing so much information."
- What is financial product advice?
- What is the difference between personal advice, general advice and “no advice”?
- How to document advice – SOAs and ROAs
- Who, when and how to provide advice documents
- Advice and "best interests"
- Complaints handling and what the courts and FOS have to say
- ASIC enforcement and regulatory action
Duration: half-day on Wednesday 11 November 2015: 1.30pm - 5.00pm.
So, come and join our training. You will learn through a mix of theory and practice. Training includes presentation, interaction, the provision of a manual and simulated tasks.
Cost: $650 (inclusive of GST)
CPD points: 3.5 CPD points nominated on your Certificate of Attendance
Capacity: limited to 18 participants.
Sign up: register now for any of our courses by clicking the relevant session listed in the left column of this page under the heading Courses