AFS Licensing & FSR
Authorised Representative Training
This course outlines the essentials of Authorised Representatives of Australian Financial Services licensees.
Currently, this course is not a public seminar course. Rather, it aims to provide staff of an organisation with a relevant and practical course tailored to the organisation's specific circumstances.
Benefits of the course
- Training conducted by legal practitioners who provide legal and compliance services to a wide range of AFS licence holders and who are also experienced trainers;
- Participants will receive a detailed manual with specially designed diagrams and activities to illustrate concepts and issues;
- Consideration of the impact of FOFA on advisory businesses;
- Share your experiences and challenges with other industry participants;
- Suggested CPD allocation – 3.5 points; and
- Better advice to clients, compliant licensees and advisers, reduce the risk of complaints or regulatory action.
- Explain your role as an Authorised Representative;
- Explain your key general financial product advice obligations in relation to promoting financial products (e.g. interests in a managed investment scheme);
- Identify key obligations imposed on licensees;
- Identify and report breaches to the licensee;
- Identify where you are liable for your actions under your Authorised Representative agreement; and
- Distinguish between retail and wholesale clients.
Who should do this course?
- Authorised Representatives;
- Fund promoters;
- Financial advisers;
- Compliance staff; and
- AFSL Responsible Managers.