|Key areas of expertise:
- Banking, Lending and Payments Law
- Regulated financial services and credit, AML, privacy and compliance
- FinTech, payments and E-Business for many industries
- Government Services Law
|Admitted to practice:
- Banking and Finance and E-Business partner in a top tier law firm for 12 years, acting for a wide range of banks, financial service providers and corporates.
- Crown Counsel (Advisings) to the Victorian Attorney-General for 4.5 years.
- Associate Professor of Law, University of Melbourne Law School, teaching international and domestic banking law, communications law and constitutional law.
- Designed the legal framework for the National Electronic Conveyancing System.
- Key Victorian negotiator for the Legal Profession Uniform Law.
- Assisted major banks with risk and regulatory compliance reviews.
- Lead designer of the ASIC EFT (now E-payments) Code.
- Assisted in implementing national electronic health records systems and electronic customs systems.
- Adjunct Professor (Monash University Law School)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (IT)
- Master of Laws (University of Michigan)
- To use innovative thinking to assist clients to achieve their commercial and other goals in an efficient, timely and legally compliant way.
- To stay on the leading edge of the legal and regulatory implications of technology advances and disruption, including fintech, biometrics, payments systems and location/technologies.
- To assist government and regulatory bodies to develop sound evidence-based policy and regulation.
|Interests outside of work:
- Family and friends
- Reading and writing
- Biking, beaches, catamarans
||“I would not give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would give my right arm for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.” Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr